Learn How to Get an International Driving License in Bangalore.
Although the majority of the people have a standard Driving License, some people prefer to have an International Driving License. An international driving license in Bangalore can be obtained either online or through offline methods. The procedure to obtain an International driving license in Bangalore is explained below:
- Prior to the online application, it must be ensured that all the required documents must be ready.
- Once you have the required documents, please follow the link to get started: online portal
- Choose “Online Services” from the menu and select “Driver License Related Services”.
- You will then be redirected to a new screen then choose “Karnataka” in the drop-down menu against “Please select the State from where the service is to be taken”.
- In the following window, click on “Apply Online” to select the “Service on Driving License” option. Then select your state from the drop-down menu and hit “Continue” to get the next screen.
- Then enter your details and attached your documents on the following page and then click “Submit” at the bottom of the form to process the application.
- Take a printout of the application form including Acknowledgement and go to the nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m. and submit the application to the RTO official.
- Authorities will specify the fee amount to be paid. Pay the application fees and submit your documents.
An application can also be done offline by following the below steps:
- One can apply for their International Driving License in their Regional Transport Authority Office. Link: Contacts Link
- Make sure you visit the RTA between 10 am and 12:30 pm as it is the operating time for the counter that issues coupons
- Remember to collect the following forms from then RTO Office
- Fill the details in the forms as mentioned in your existing license and passport.
- Then, attach a photo on the health certificate and take it to a doctor to get it attested.
- Submit the filled forms in the RTO Office. The RTO officer will also ask for the originals and will cross check your passport and license to verify the details. and will stamp Verified: Original.
- At the counter, you need to pay a sum of 1000 Rs for which you will get a receipt. You will be asked details of the country you are visiting or planning to visit.
- Get the signature of the AO on the receipt.
- Later, you need to get your photo taken, give the digital signature and biometric print of your left index finger.
- Submit your forms and credentials to collect your Booklet and Card.
Hope this article guides you through the application process and makes it easier for you to obtain an international driver permit. Have a safe time on the roads.
Also, do read this article: Phometo – Best Photographers in Bangalore.